pondendz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rihanna seeks bone marrow donor

3 posters

Go down

Rihanna seeks bone marrow donor Empty Rihanna seeks bone marrow donor

Post by H4CK3R Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:11 pm

She just became an honorary cultural ambassador for Barbados, and now Rihanna is advocating for another cause: a New York City leukaemia patient in urgent need of a bone marrow donor.

The 20-year-old singer is working with DKMS, an international donor network based in Tubingen, Germany, to try to find a donor for Lisa Gershowitz Flynn, People magazine reported on its website Saturday.

"When I heard about Lisa's plight, my heart broke," Rihanna told the magazine. "I said, 'I need to get the word out about Lisa right away'."

Flynn is a 41-year-old mother of two young children. She was diagnosed in November with acute myelogenous leukaemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. Doctors have told her she has four to six weeks to find a suitable donor, according to People.

Flynn said she was stunned by the singer's efforts on her behalf.

"For Rihanna to even be thinking about helping others and putting herself out there when she is so busy with her career is tremendous," Flynn said.

Rihanna, born Robyn Rihanna Fenty, was named an honorary cultural ambassador for her native Caribbean island last Thursday. Earlier this month, she and Jay-Z won a Grammy in the rap/sung collaboration category, for her hit Umbrella.
H4CK3R
H4CK3R
Da General
Da General

Male Number of posts : 94
Member No. : 2
Group : RootAdmin
Faculty : SCIT
Rihanna seeks bone marrow donor Left_bar_bleue99 / 10099 / 100Rihanna seeks bone marrow donor Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-26

Back to top Go down

Rihanna seeks bone marrow donor Empty Re: Rihanna seeks bone marrow donor

Post by Mz_U Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:20 am

Another Mother Theresa eh? But seriously .. the world needs more considerate ppl like that. Hope it's sincere and not just a big publicity stunt.
Mz_U
Mz_U
Dendz GoDD

Female Number of posts : 1726
Member No. : 53
Group : *G-Modz*
Faculty : Pon-D-Endz
Rihanna seeks bone marrow donor Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Rihanna seeks bone marrow donor Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by dBosS Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:48 am

its both mz....she is a good girl gone bad.....lol...
anyway..kind of her tho

note: I dont hate her......She is a nice girl
dBosS
dBosS
RootAdmin
RootAdmin

Male Number of posts : 3675
Group : RootAdmin
Faculty : Pon-D-Endz
Rihanna seeks bone marrow donor Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Rihanna seeks bone marrow donor Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-26

https://pon-d-endz.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:23 pm

WELL WAT DO U KNO? THATS A SWEET THING FOR ER TO BE DOIN 4 SUM1 ELSE... GOOD LOOKIN OUT GIRL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down